2017 On the Day information
See these documents for useful information on the day and see the main Fakenham 25/50/100 page
Only a few days to go before the ride. We are all set and the weather is looking good. We are sure you will enjoy your ride whatever distance you have chosen.
I am writing with some additional information and will also resend a copy of the original email attachment we sent to you when you registered. If you have any queries please feel free to contact me. We are regularly updating our website, Facebook page and Twitter.
- We are accepting registrations on the day.
- Information about parking is available on our FAQ page This year we have additional free parking about half a mile from the start, this is not supervised so please park sensibly. Mor parking inof. is at www.activefakenham.org.uk/faq/ The car parks are monitored even on Bnak Holidays.
- Public transport in Fakenham is very limited and on a Bank Holiday with a bike? The nearest stations are Kings Lynn (22m) and Norwich (26m)
- When you arrive at the Fakenham Community Centre, Oak St. NR21 9DY, collect your number, free drawstring bag, free water bottle and information pack at the registration desk.
- Food and hot drinks will be available from 8.00
- The route will be well signed, GPX and TCX files are on the website and maps/instructions will be provided in your pack. We suggest the 100 mile route is done with the longer loop first, followed by the shorter one .
- Packs can be left in the Centre at your own risk.
- It is a condition of our insurance that you wear a helmet and no Tri Bars
- On completion please let the registration desk know you are back otherwise we will be looking for you.
- We welcome any feedback or suggestions.
- There is an after ride chill out event from 11 to 4.30 with food, a Durban Grill with South African Street Food, beer tent with Norfolk prodcued aleas and ciders from local farms, live music, , massage, Smoothie Bikes etc. We hope you will join us for this.
- Please get in touch if you have any questions or feedback
I hope you have a great day enjoying the best of North Norfolk cycling. I look forward to seeing you there
These are some of the stalls that will be around on the day. There will also be great music in the walled garden.
Tea, cakes, bacon butties and more
Fakenham Country Markets is run by a co-operative of 20 members. Market manager Gillian, secretary Debbie, Lesley and Esther are all regulars behind the counter… Their home- made produce is always popular, so best to get there early for the most choice. They will be serving home-made cakes and more all day as well as Bacon Butties for breakfast from 8.00am
We are pleased to say that this year the The All Day Brewing Company Company will be serving real ale, craft beers, and thirst-quenching cider in a beer tent in the walled garden at the Fakenham Community Centre on Sunday 27 August. Brewed with local ingredients of the highest quality, from our chalk-filtered mineral water to the hops harvested in our own hop garden, we truly offer a taste of Norfolk
Welcome to The Durban Grill, Norfolk’s finest South African street food. We provide a range of products including Exotic Meats, Homemade Biltong and many specialist drinks and confectionary imported from South Africa. All our meats are from suppliers who actively participate in environmental programmes, from necessary culls in game reserves to breeding programmes. All under EU welfare & CITES regulations.
Coffee Stall by the Hempton Coffee Hut
Ride yourself a fruitSmoothie
First aid will be available at the Community Centre provided by local firm MED-PTS