Active Fakenham is run by volunteers following a one-off grant from the Town Council Market Tolls Fund. We have a Steering Group, which meets monthly.
We aim to promote the health and wellbeing opportunities for local people and visitors by:
- supporting the activities of local clubs and organisations
- co-ordinating Active Fakenham week from 18th to 25th August
- running free social media training sessions for people from local organisations
- managing a steering group so that local representatives can discuss their ideas
- promoting activities on this website and through press and social media
How can we support your event?
If your club or organisation wants to run an event, we can help with things like advising on venues, providing useful contacts and promotion and marketing. As a central point of contact, we may be able to tell you whether your proposed date clashes with any other events. Get in touch to find out more.
Contact us if you or your company would like to sponsor Active Fakenham or an event.
What other local organisations do we work with?
- Local clubs organisations, and businesses involved with Well-Being
- Fakenham Area Partnership
- Fabcom (Fakenham Business Community)
- Kick Start Fakenham
- Fakenham Town Council
- Active Norfolk
- Fakenham Community Campus
For a comprehensive list of useful contact numbers, including for clubs and societies, see the Fabcom directory.
How else can you get involved?
The Get Involved page suggests ways that clubs, businesses and individuals can benefit from Active Fakenham.
Active Fakenham Steering Group
|Active Norfolk||Aaron (Aggy) Roberts|
|First Focus||April Simnor|
|Tudor Tea Rooms||Becky Codman|
|Fakenham Squash Club (Gallow Share)||Bruce Bushall|
|Music and poetry||Caroline Gilfillan|
|Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre||Colin Brzeczek|
|Active Fakenham||Heather De Lyon|
|Fakenham Area Partnership||Janet Holdom|
|Larking Gowan / Rebecca’s Wishes||John Cunningham|
|Fakenham Sports Centre Association (Gallow Share)||Julie Linley|
|Norfolk Living Well||Lara Williamson|
|Fakenham Community Centre||Lisa Mallet|
|PT in the Park||Nikki Pearce|
|Fakenham GP Surgery||Pat Dodd|
|Fakenham Academy||Pauline Chamberlain|
|Active Norfolk (Fakenham)||Richard Crook|
|Fakenham Town Council (TBC)||Richard Smith|
|North Norfolk Health Trainer Service||Sally Walker|