For businesses and organisations in Fakenham and nearby in 2019
Download a pdf form HERE
Download a Word .docx form HERE
We are working to support and promote local businesses and organisations. Active Fakenham is a not for profit voluntary organisation and is working with local partners.
We opened the Fakenham Info Hub which is now attracting a steady and growing number of visitors, both local and visitors. The shop is conveniently situated in the market place with information about the town and its opportunities for tourists and locals. This is open all year and has leaflets, brochures, posters and more. It also sells Fakenham and other local products. We plan to make it the ‘go to’ place for information about Fakenham.
We are offering a package to local businesses. We are only charging £35 for this to cover our admin costs.
A year’s membership will include:
- A listing in the 2019 Fakenham Town Guide as a community supporting business. 25,000 copies are distributed across Norfolk and beyond.
- We have entered an agreement with Archant who will be supporting Active Fakenham with £72,000 (inc. VAT) worth of print and digital support as well as editorial and other support. This was part of a successful bid to NNDC.
- Access to the new Fakenham Business Network Meetings we are setting up which will meet six times over the year.
- Free entry to two seminars we will run probably on marketing and/or social media.
- Access to the new loyalty/discount scheme we are planning for 2019 in partnership with the EDP and Archant.
- A listing in an information file at the Fakenham Info Hub (Fakenham’s new tourist information centre) and a poster in the shop (max size A4).
- The opportunity to brief the staff in the Hub so they can discuss your product with potential customers. This will help with “word of mouth”.
- A listing on the new Fakenham Info website. fakenham.info with online information about your business and links to your own website.
- Social media. There will be at least one tweet and one Facebook post from the Fakenham Info Hub about your business and we will retweet and share posts that we are tagged in. You can post to our Facebook page and we will generally share the post.
- Active Fakenham, in partnership with experts in the field, will occasionally be offering training sessions in subjects such as local marketing, using local media, social media (e.g. Twitter and Facebook). You will be offered free or reduced price entry to these sessions.
Please note that we will try to balance content and have limited resources and so may limit the posts we share
This package is priced at £35.00 to cover the administration fees.
Fakenham Info Hub has been set up by volunteers and was initiated and established by Active Fakenham. Sweets ‘n’ Things have kindly donated the space and will manage the day to day business, Wensum.net is building the website and all on a voluntary basis. We are writing to ask if you would like to help us to help you, by advertising and supporting this initiative. We are currently running this as a pilot and aim to review the whole package at the end of this year.
For inclusion this year we are asking for an administration charge of only £35 from commercial organisations and community groups are free ( at the discretion of the Committee).
We hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you.
Lisa Mallett Richard Crook Steve Hall
Hub Manager Active Fakenham Web Manager
What is Fakenham Info Hub?
The Fakenham Info Hub delivers mostly free services and information to Fakenham residents, visitors and local businesses.
Fakenham Info Hub (FIH) was set up by Active Fakenham in 2016 and is now part of the Active Fakenham group of community organisations in the town. As such it is overseen by Active Fakenham although it is managed by local volunteers and has a large amount of autonomy. Any income and expenditure generated by FIH is accounted for through Active Fakenham. It was set up by volunteers and received a small start-up grant from the Fakenham Town Council. www.fakenham.info/
Established in 2013, Active Fakenham (AF) is a small local community group which became a not for profit limited company in 2017. AF is overseen by a Steering Group, has a constitution and produces (non-audited) accounts, which are overseen by a local accountant (on a voluntary basis) and are submitted to Companies House each year. It has a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer.
FIH has a base in Sweets’n’Things who donate the space, and staff the centre, for no charge. It has a Website which was produced and is managed by Wensum.net for no cost. We also have a Facebook page and Twitter account. This is all done by volunteers although we pay for some services if we raise funds for specific purposes.
We would like to thank the many local people and organisations that have helped us in the past and continue to support us.
Richard Crook Chair, Active Fakenham
See the website HERE