Active Fakenham is run by volunteers following a one-off grant from the Town Council Market Tolls Fund. We have a Steering Group, which meets monthly.
We aim to promote the health and wellbeing opportunities for local people and visitors by:
- supporting the activities of local clubs and organisations
- co-ordinating and running various events including Easter Fun days, Criterium Racing, Easter Runs, Active Fakenham week in August
- running various training sessions for people from local organisations
- managing a steering group so that local representatives can discuss their ideas
- promoting activities on this website and through press and social media
- Coordinating the Fakenham Info Hub
How can we support your event?
If your club or organisation wants to run an event, we can help with things like advising on venues, providing useful contacts and promotion and marketing. As a central point of contact, we may be able to tell you whether your proposed date clashes with any other events. Get in touch to find out more.
Contact us if you or your company would like to sponsor or support Active Fakenham or an event.
What other local organisations do we work with?
- Local clubs organisations, and businesses involved with Well-Being
- Kick Start Fakenham
- Fakenham Town Council
- Active Norfolk
- Fakenham Community Centre
How else can you get involved?
The Get Involved page suggests ways that clubs, businesses and individuals can benefit from Active Fakenham.